How to delete and uninstall Cydia from iPhone
Cydia is an app that comes into your iPhone once it jailbreaks. The primary function of the Cydia app is to allow a jailbroken iOS device to find and install those apps which are exclusively made for the jailbroken device. The concept of jailbreaking an iOS device has become common and widespread. But once the Cydia app is installed into your device, it is not possible to remove it from your iPhone with standard methods.
If you no longer want to use this app and don’t want Cydia, then follow the method to uninstall and remove the app completely.
How to delete Cydia packages and app
Cydia app can be removed from your device without losing your jailbreak, but without this, your device won’t be able to boot in safe mode if anything goes wrong with your jailbreak.
- Tap and open ‘Cydia’ app.
- Tap on the ‘Installed’ tab at the bottom of your iPhone screen.
- Tap on an app or tweak that you want to remove from your iPhone.
- Tap on the ‘Modify.’ It is on the top-right corner of the screen.
- Hit ‘Remove’ option from the pop-up menu to add it into Uninstallation queue.
- Tap on ‘Continue queuing’ to add more packages to the uninstallation queue.
- Repeat the process to add all the packages that you want to remove.
- Tap ‘Queue’ button when you have finished adding.
- And, tap ‘Confirm’ to remove all the selected packages.
- Now, again tap on the ‘Installed’ tab from the bottom of the screen.
- Click on ‘User’ list.
- Open the ‘Cydia Installer’ package to uninstall it.
- Tap ‘Modify.’
- Select ‘Remove.’
- Tap ‘Confirm’ to uninstall Cydia and reboot your device.
How to uninstall Cydia app directly from your home screen
- Navigate to the Cydia icon screen. Do not open it.
- Now, tap and hold the ‘Cydia’ icon until it starts wiggling.
- Tap the ‘cross (X) button’ on the icon.
- Select ‘Delete’ option to remove Cydia permanently.
Cydia app will uninstall and get removed from your iPhone, but this will not revert the process of jailbreak.
How to delete Cydia without Restore on Mac or computer
- Connect your iPhone to your Mac.
- Now open ‘iMyFone Umate Pro.’
- Click on the ‘Apps’ into the ‘1-Click Free Up Space Umate’ tab to start scanning your iPhone.
- Search for the ‘Cydia’ into the software list.
- Select the ‘Cydia’ from the list and click ‘Remove’ from the right-bottom corner.
- Confirm ‘Remove’ in the confirmation window.
Umate Pro will remove the Cydia app from your iPhone without restoring it.
Jeniffer Leio is a Microsoft Office expert and has been working in the technical industry since 2002. As a technical expert, She written technical blogs, manuals, white papers, and reviews for many websites such as office.com/setup