How to Block someone from your Twitter Account
Twitter is a widespread, and free online news and social networking site where users can communicate through the form of short messages. These short messages are called tweets. As all the social network sites have their different features, which have both merits and demerits. On Twitter, anyone can follow you and also you can follow anyone.
But, sometime some offending users will follow you or add you to their account, and annoying you by doing ‘@reply’ and ‘@mentions.’ Random bots, spamming or self-promoting posts will also irritate you. To stop these unwanted activities, you have the option of the block. You also have the choice of unfollowing and reporting.
What happens when you block any person on Twitter?
1. When you blocked someone, the person will not be able to see your tweets and nor you’ll receive their tweets.
2. The blocked person unable to follow you.
3. If you Block any of your followers, they will not get notified that you blocked them.
4. The blocked person will be unable to send you ‘@reply’ messages.
5. Your tweets do not show up on their profile. But they can still read your public tweets.
6. You’ll not get any notification for ‘@mentions’ from the blocked user.
7. They can’t tag you.
Learn how to Block someone on Twitter with your Twitter mobile app
1. Open your ‘Twitter mobile app.’
2. Open the profile of the user you want to block.
3. Tap on the ‘Setting’ or ‘Three vertical dots’ Icon, ‘setting icon’ like a small gear.
4. Now, you will see a menu with some options. Select ‘Block.’
5. Confirm your decision on the confirmation bar.
The person will be blocked, and he or she will be no longer to interact with you or vice-versa. You can see the person you blocked into ‘Blocklist’. To, unblock them again return on the user’s profile and then tap on ‘Blocked’ button. Tap ‘Unblock’ on the confirmation screen.
You can also unblock by following these simple steps
1. Open the ‘Twitter mobile app.’
2. Open your profile.
3. Tap on ‘Setting icon’ or ‘three vertical dots.’
4. Select ‘Privacy & content’. Sometimes you need to open ‘Settings’ to get this option.
5. Click on ‘Blocked Accounts’ to open ‘Blocked list.’
6. Select the user you want to unblock. Then follow the instructions and confirm it.
Learn how to Block someone on Twitter from the browser
1. Open 'Twitter' Website.
2. Sign In on Twitter with your account.
3. Go to the user's profile you want to block.
4. Click on the ‘three vertical dots’ for more options. It is top of right side.
5. Select ‘Block @Username’ into the More options menu.
6. Click on the ‘Block’ into the confirmation window.
The person will be blocked, and he or she will be no longer to interact with you or vice-versa. You can see the person you blocked into ‘Blocklist’. To, unblock them again return on the user’s profile and then click on ‘Blocked’ button. Click ‘Unblock’ on the confirmation window.
You can also use these simple steps to unblock someone from your Twitter account.
1. First, log in on Twitter with your Twitter account.
2. Click on your ‘Profile Icon’ at the top of your screen.
3. Click ‘Settings and privacy.’
4. Open ‘Blocked Accounts.’
5. Select the user account; you want to unblock. And click ‘Blocked’ to unblock.
It’s easy to block and unblock any user from your Twitter account on both through your Android or iOS device and from browser. Just go through the above instructions.
Jeniffer Leio is a Microsoft Office expert and has been working in the technical industry since 2002. As a technical expert, She written technical blogs, manuals, white papers, and reviews for many websites such as office.com/setup