Facebook Announces an App called as Lasso
Facebook recently came up with an app named as Lasso that helps the users in generating fun and short videos specially designed to compete with TikTok. The 15 seconds viral app got merged with Musical.ly. Lasso is designed to be the latest move for pleasing the teens.
The percentage of people using Facebook has diminished as compared to previous years. In 2014, the number of users of Facebook was twice than now. Development of the app was marked in late October.
Features of the program
Similar to TikTok, users here can record themselves dancing and lip-syncing to music.
- The app allows users to record some short clips like the Vines.
- It is available for both the users of Android and iOS.
- According to Facebook- Lasso is a newly launched standalone app for short-form entertaining videos.
- You will get access to everything from beauty to comedy to fitness and much more.
- Facebook will be generating feedback from the general public soon.
How to get access to Lasso
- You can just sign in through Instagram.
- You can also create an account with the help of Facebook.
- You need to approve the app access to your profile page, videos and photos as well.
- So now that it is set up, you can just scroll through tons of short videos that will play itself.
- At the bottom, you will see hashtags. You can only filter your content with tags.
- You can also share Lasso videos as your Facebook stories too.
- But you can’t share them to Insta stories, and can’t make your profile private.
Different types of content available
The short form video space is raging with the release of Lasso. The app recently has a 3.9-star rating in Play Store. You may find this program as region locked as you can’t see it in Croatia. There is plenty of content that is available on Lasso. Just like the Facebook watch, Lasso may also be a couple of years late. Although Facebook has made no official statements regarding its launch. It has been oddly quiet. Facebook product manager Andy Huang announced the release of the app on Twitter. Later on Bowen pan, product manager tweeted about the same.
It would not be wrong to say that Facebook has quietly launched this app.
Graccey Leio is a self-professed security expert; she has been making the people aware of the security threats. Her passion is to write about Cybersecurity, cryptography, malware, social engineering, internet and new media. She writes for Norton security products at norton.com/setup