Complete Guide to Sharing and Collaborating with Google Drive
One of the best features of Google Drive is that users can share files and work collaboratively. Everybody who creates a Google account (for free) automatically gets 15 GB worth of Google Drive space for no cost at all. Google Drive refers to a cloud storage space which synchronizes with Google Docs, Sheets, Slides, etc. Users can share files and folders using Google Drive, upload them from different devices, and collaborate with an individual or group. Let’s see how can share and collaborate with Google Drive.
How to upload documents to Google Drive?
Well, if you have something stored in your desktop, then you can just add it to your Google Drive. Here’s how:
- Launch any web browser on your system.
- Sign in to your Google account.
- After that, click on the box icon located in the upper portion of the screen.
- Choose drive from the list of services.
- Alternatively, you can directly visit drive.google.com
- Now, open any folder in My Drive.
- If you wish to make a new folder, then click on the New option located at the upper side of the left pane.
- Now, click on File Upload.
- Go to where the document or folder you want to upload is stored.
- Hit the Choose button in order to upload the document to your Google Drive.
If you have created a document using Google Docs, Sheets or Slides, then just click on the File tab, and select Add to My Drive to make the document visible in your Google Drive.
How to share files or documents in Google Drive
Now that you have added documents to your Google Drive, you might want to share them with others. Here’s how you can share and collaborate with Google Drive:
- Head over to drive.google.com in your web browser.
- After that, sign in to your Google account, if you aren’t logged in already.
- Locate the document you wish to share.
- Go through the My drive folder.
- Or else, type the name of the document in the search bar.
- After locating the document, double-click on it to open it separately.
- Now, click on the menu icon located in the top right side of the screen.
- Select Share from the list of options.
- Select Get shareable link option if you wish to get a link to the document which you can later send to multiple individuals. Just copy the link and email it to the people you wish to share the file with.
- In order to invite individuals using email, just key in their email address in the respective blank.
- After entering the email address, you can decide what privileges you wish to give. You can select from these three options:
- Can edit
- Can comment
- Can view
- You can add comments if you want.
- Hit the Send button.
- The email recipient shall get an email regarding the document.
- In order to view the document, they have to click on Open.
Graccey Leio is a self-professed security expert; she has been making the people aware of the security threats. Her passion is to write about Cybersecurity, cryptography, malware, social engineering, internet and new media. She writes for Norton security products at norton.com/setupSource: norton.com/setup