Fix For Low Volume in Windows
Undoubtedly Windows sound system is incomparable with any other system across the world. Still being at the heights of amazement, Windows sometimes irritates its users by its incapability to play sounds at a high level. The problem of low volume in Windows is not new, yet it one of the most annoying issues for the users. If you are facing the same problems, then don’t worry as there are some methods that would help you to troubleshoot the low volume issue in Windows.
Here, how to fix the low volume in Windows.
Windows 10 Audio Troubleshooter
If you are using Windows 10 and the volume is not good enough, then Windows Audio Troubleshooter is efficient to fix the issue.
- Press Windows key + S to open Search
- Now, type Troubleshooter in the search bar.
- Press Enter.
- Select Troubleshoot to proceed.
- Click Playing Audio Troubleshooter.
- Click Run to troubleshoot the problem.
- Now, the process will begin for scanning the audio issues.
System File Checker
In any condition, SFC scan is an option that one should try to eliminate the issue because SFC finds the damaged file in the computer and repair along with the scan.
- To run SFC scan, open Start menu, and type cmd.
- Now, click cmd from the search results.
- It will open Command Prompt.
- Now type the sfc/scannnow command in the command prompt.
- Now, press Enter to begin the process.
- It will start scanning immediately.
- When the scan is done, close the prompt and restart your computer.
Restart the sound controller
- Press Windows Key + X and click to open the Device Manager.
- If you are not using Windows 10, then open your Start
- Now click to open Control Panel.
- Select View By and click Small size from the right corner.
- Now, select Device Manager.
- Now, find Sound, Video and Game Controllers section.
- Click to open the section.
- Now, navigate the Device Controller.
- Now, select the controller and right click on it
- Choose Disable from the menu.
- Wait for a while and then right click on it again.
- Select Enable from the list to turn the device on.
- Now, restart your computer.
The methods are capable of troubleshooting the problem related to the low volume of the system. Try the methods and find out which one is better for your system. Checking for malware with your Antivirus would be a suggestion to you, and SFC scan is a highly recommended.
Graccey Leio is a self-professed security expert; she has been making the people aware of the security threats. Her passion is to write about Cybersecurity, cryptography, malware, social engineering, internet and new media. She writes for Norton security products at www.norton.com/setup